At Pelvic Wellness Center, there is nothing more important to us than your health and safety during this unprecedented time. The Department of Homeland Security and state governments have deemed physical therapy an essential component of health care during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic; therefore we have re-opened our Salem and Eugene office to serve those in need. We are taking recommended preventative measures, guided by the CDC, to protect our patients and employees who enter our centers.
We hope that by providing this information, you can make a clear decision to continue your plan of care with us during this time. The following protocols are now in place:
- Patient screening: We will continue to offer and encourage new patient consultations via telehealth (we are keeping up- to- date for insurance plan coverage for this option). Plan of care will be established, including the determination of in-clinic visits or continuation of care with telehealth is advised. All in -clinic patients will be screened upon arrival of their appointment time to make sure they are not exhibiting symptoms. If a patient is presenting with COVID-19 symptoms, they will be advised to return home and contact their physician.
- Staff screening: All employees are to report to supervisor with any COVID-19 symptoms. Those presenting any level of symptoms will return home and follow up with their physician before returning to work.
- Health hygiene protocols: Ongoing implementation by all staff regarding hand washing, mask wearing and other preventative measures for equipment and supplies are in place and being reinforced. Patients entering the building will also be required to wash hands and wear masks. Social distancing will be in effect throughout the building, and patient care will be provided in private rooms.
For patients coming to our centers for care, we ask that you please limit the number of people who accompany you to your appointments, unless it is absolutely necessary that they attend. If for any reason you are not feeling well, please contact the center and we will be happy to reschedule your appointment or offer telehealth appointment.
To help prevent the virus please follow advisement by health and government authorities:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean/disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Maintain social distancing.
- Use masks in any public places.
Thank you for helping us ensure the safety of our patients and employees, as well as families of both.